Zibi – Kanaal
Zibi – Kanaal is a new condo and townhouse development by Windmill Development Group Ltd. and Dream, currently in preconstruction at 6 Booth Street, Ottawa.
The development is scheduled for completion in 2019.
Sales for available units range in price from $361,900 to $1,004,900.
Zibi – Kanaal has a total of 71 units, sizes range from 675 to 1894 square feet.
From Zibi – Kanaal:
Welcome to Kanaal, Zibi’s first Ottawa residences. Designed by Barry J. Hobin & Associates Architects Inc., Kanaal is a collection of 67 urban condo flats, two-story towns, and flow-through penthouses with private rooftop terraces.
At 6-stories high, Kanaal rises from the shore of the Ottawa River’s Buchanan Channel, providing rarely-seen upscale island living with the convenience of downtown amenities.
On the south side, Kanaal spans the waters’ edge of Buchanan Channel offering private waterfront entrances. On the north side, Kanaal opens onto the beautifully landscaped Head Street Square, a vibrant public courtyard offering a mix of shops, restaurants, cultural spaces and outdoor seating areas.
Inspired by the dutch architecture of canal homes in Amsterdam, Kanaal condos and towns combine European style with modern, urban finishings. Expansive windows and outdoor terraces spoil you with streaming natural light and stunning vistas. Combined with an island-living feel, Kanaal is the city’s most unique and previously untapped address and Ottawa’s most desired destination for connoisseurs of design and taste.
Features & Finishes
– Designer Kitchens designed by Barry J. Hobin & Associates Architects with standard finishes.
– Quartz or granite kitchen counters.
– Thermofoil or wood kitchen cupboards made with sustainable material, no added Urea Formaldehyde (UF), non-off-gassing binders and glues.
– Tiled backsplash.
– Undermount stainless steel single bowl kitchen sink. Equipped with modern water efficient single lever kitchen faucet.
– Appliances: dishwasher, oven, cooktop stove, over-the-range hood, and fridge/freezer combo.
All Energy Star rated. Appliances will be stainless steel.
– Bathrooms designed by Barry J. Hobin & Associates Architects with standard finishes. Bathrooms are tiled with porcelain or ceramic tile on the floor and walls surrounding shower.
– Vanities are solid matte finish constructed of sustainable material, no added UF, non off-gassing binders and glues. Vanities are topped with a solid surface counter with an under mounted sink, and equipped with a modern water efficient single lever faucet.
– White acrylic shower/soaker combination tubs and/or glass shower enclosures, equipped with modern water efficient chrome fixtures. Smaller showers to be equipped with rod and curtain.
– Proficiency Ultra Efficient WaterSence-certified flush toilet.
– Unit entry doors are solid-core, flat-panel, with low VOC veneer finish, with modern hardware, dead-bolt lock and a security viewer.
– Interior room doors are hollow-core, flat panel high finished with low VOC paint, with modern hardware.
– Sliding and/or swing bathroom, bedroom and closet partitions or doors, if any, are hollow-core flat wood panels finished with low VOC paint.
– Prefinished engineered hardwood floors or laminate with no added UF and low VOC finish throughout all living, dining, kitchen, bedroom, den, hall and entry areas in one standard finish.
– Bathrooms have standard finish porcelain or ceramic tile.
– A single paint colour for all walls, baseboards, door frames and for doors.
– Trim and doors are painted with Low VOC latex, the walls with Low VOC latex and all ceilings with flat
Low VOC latex.
CEILINGS & TRIM
– 9’ ceilings (excluding dropped ceilings, bulkheads, and floor finish thickness) painted, smooth finished surfaces consisting of a coat of plaster applied directly to the underside of the slab except for dropped portions which are gypsum board on steel stud framing.
– Painted wood baseboards; wood door casing.
CLOSETS & LAUNDRY
– Closets include single shelving and closet rods.
– Energy Star rated washer/dryer unit vented to outdoors.
Heating, Air Conditioning And Ventilation
– Heating and cooling of Suites will be connected to a 2-pipe building hydronic loop coupled to in-suite fan coil units complete with integrated Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) and supplemental electric heating coil.
– Indoor Conditions – Winter Indoor Temperature: 23 degrees C, +/- 2 degrees C; Summer Indoor Temperature:
24 degrees C, +/- 2 degrees C. Relative humidity will not be controlled by the mechanical system.
– Distribution ductwork from the fan coil units will be extended to all perimeter walls as required to effectively provide heating and/or cooling, and outdoor air ventilation where required.
– Separate temperature controls for each suite.
– Bathrooms will be ducted from the unit to the local ERV. Kitchen hood and Clothes Drier exhaust will be ducted to the exterior of the building.
– Fresh air intake for each suite will be ducted from the exterior to the ERV.
– Domestic Hot water will be delivered from a centralized heat exchanger through a re-circulation system.
Lighting & Electrical – Suites
– Switched capped ceiling electrical box for the master bedroom, dining area and over the kitchen island.
– Kitchens, suite entry areas, and bathrooms have surface or recessed mounted lighting fixtures.
– Local smoke alarms, and heat detection tied to building fire alarm system.
– Suite Individual hydro meters, and circuit-breaker panel wired with copper throughout.
– 60A or 100A electrical panels will be provided for each residential units, depending on load.
TELEPHONE & CABLE
– Cablevision RG6U prewired for 1 outlet.
– Telephone Cat5 prewired for 1 outlet.
SUSTAINABLE, HEALTHLY LIVING BUILDING DESIGN
– Targeting LEED Platinum Certification – the highest LEED rating available.